Thursday, October 2, 2014

Windows 10 isn't it?

So today I started working with windows and version ten is going to be a huge success if the novelty of speech recognition can get past the speedbump in development.  Granted I live over a trafficway and it makes it hard to hear sometimes.  Sometimes the microphone has no idea what the hell I am talking about.  Now that I really try to wrap my brain around its simple text to speech function and in the reverse for users.  Although I’m struggling somewhat with the pace of speaking so that I am heard and fighting over noise from the street I am quite pleased with the progress of speech recognition and understanding in windows 10.  As a car drives by and another and another I continue to speak and if I talk in short bursts one phrase at the other it seems to work pretty good.

 

I've been waiting for this sort of technology for a very long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment